Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wicked: A Musical AND a State of Life

"The fear of the Lord adds length to your life, but the years of the wicked are cut short." Proverbs 10: 27, NIV version Bible.
Okay, so God says that we live longer if we fear him, but if we're wicked, we go bye-bye sooner. My question: what is wicked?
We all sin, right? That's why we're called sinners. Hmm, imagine that. But what is the line between being a sinner and being wicked? To answer this, I consulted my guidebook. No, I'm not talking about London: A City of Beheadings. I'm talking about the Bible, which is my history, science, art, music, math and government textbook. Anyway, it says:
"Surely God is good to Isrial,
to those who are pure in heart.
But as for me, my feet had almost slipped:
I had nearly lost my foothold.
For I envied the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
They have no struggles;
their bodies are healthy and strong.
They are free from the burdens common to man;
they are not plauged by human ills.
Therefore pride is their necklace;
they clothe themselves in violence.
From their callous hearts comes iniquity,
The evil conciets of their minds know no limits
They scoff, and speak with malice;
in their arrogance they threaten oppression.
Their mouths lay claim to heaven,
and their tongues take possession of the earth
Therefore their people turn to them
and drink up waters in abundance
They say, "How can God know?
Does the Most High have knowledge?"
This is what the wicked are like--
always carefree, they increase in wealth"
That was Psalm 73, verses 1-12. Pretty mindblowing, huh? If I look at these things, I can say that I am a wicked person. I've done so many things on that list at one time or another, and, being honest with yourself, can you say you've done none? I'm betting not. But the difference betweeen the sinners and the wicked people is that we, the christians, are trying to make a difference in the way we live. I am, at least. I want to have God be able to say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." That's what I want, so I am trying to rid myself of my wickedness. I hope you are, too.
I hope this gets into your hearts and minds. I love you all.
Alien Youth
P.S. You can comment anonymously!

2 comments:

Olly said...

Once again, I'm am the first to comment! Once again, very good! Once again, the lord said to his deciples "I am your shepherd, and you are my sheep" once again, Bella, I am your sheep, and Once again, You impressed the best!

Miranda said...

Hey! Jesus freaks rock! You should continue this blog! =)
TTFN
ps. Olly- Bella??